To truly reverse its closure, Antioch College needs to begin acting like it’s open, and begin building on its vibrant academic foundation to grow into a healthy, self-sufficient institution.
To make this happen, Antioch must immediately:
- establish the College Advisory Board and invest it with real authority, including hiring a College President
- remove internal barriers and begin recruiting and admitting new and transfer students for Fall ‘08
- restore tenure and remove the threat of firing that hangs over faculty and staff
- maintain all academic and support services during renovations
- hold leadership accountable for past decisions and statements
- ensure an open and participatory decision making process
- guarantee a commitment from leadership to operate on principles of openness and honesty
- have leaders committed to the turnaround of Antioch College
- call for respect in communications from all university officials so the College’s already challenging task isn’t made more difficult
If you agree with this message lend your name to the cause by signing our online petition at acan.antiochians.org/
– Antioch College Action Network
The Antioch College Action Network is an informal coalition of students, faculty, staff, alumni, villagers and friends of the college. We will contact all those who sign about joining us once we have a chance to organize more.